To say I’m lip balm obsessed would probably be an understatement. Even though I already have so many, I continuously decide that I need to purchase more. It’s a problem, and I’m happy to admit I have one. So just imagine my excitement when this parcel showed up on my doorstep.
Clean & Pure are the only brand in the world to use ethically sourced Queensland and Victorian honey beeswax and extra virgin oil. Their exclusive formula has allowed for them to take water-based honey and merge it with oil and wax to create a lip balm.
Each lip balm contains a range of nourishing vitamins and minerals, that aim to combat free radical damage, which is caused by UV exposure. They also optimise cell regeneration and lock in moisture. Not to mention they’re 100% natural and Australian made!
Their website states that they are suitable for all skin types, including sensitive. Having quite sensitive skin myself, I can definitely advocate for this, as they don’t irritate my lips, or the skin around them.
The lip balms retail between $4.99 and $5.99, depending on whether it’s a clear or tinted formula. Now considering that these lip balms are free from any nasty chemicals and ingredients, this is super cheap.
During winter, my lips become even drier than usual, so I’ve been reaching for these lip balms all day. I’ve been wearing them alone, or even under lipsticks to add that extra level of hydration. Wearing them under a lipstick is perfect, as it acts as a primer. I don’t find that it interferes with any of the lipstick colours and doesn’t make the formula melt or bleed onto the skin around the lips.
If you wear the lip balms on their own, they provide a hydrated, yet glossy type of look. They remind me of a really subtle gloss, which I love.
I’m so obsessed with these lip balms. They not only keep my lips hydrated all day, but they taste and smell amazing. I just can’t even begin to tell you how much I love them.
My lips still get a little dry because of the cold weather, but it’s no where near as bad as it normally is at this time of year.
Clean & Pure has a range of flavours that are available in their lip balms. I’ve tried quite a few of them myself, and then I’ve also gotten some family members to try some, as I had a few double ups of flavours.
In every flavour you can also taste the presence of honey. So if you aren’t the biggest fan of honey I definitely wouldn’t recommend this line of lip balms.
- Manuka Honey – My favourite flavour out of the range. I love the taste and smell of honey, so this one receives a big tick in my books.
- Cocoa Butter – Another favourite and safety net flavour. It definitely reminds me of chocolate and I just love how it tastes.
- Paw Paw – I’m not 100% sure how I feel about this flavour. The combination of paw paw and honey is something that my taste buds don’t particularly like, but also don’t hate.
- Vanilla – More of a subtle vanilla flavour, with honey behind it. It’s a good one to go for if you want a flavour, but not sure which one to get.
- Peppermint – Peppermint and honey! Yum
- Coconut – This flavour is always my safety net for every single product that I try. Along with the Manuka honey I love this lip balm. The coconut flavour is definitely strong, and has a subtle hint of honey behind it.
- Tinted Rose (floral-scented) – This provides my lips with such a beautiful and subtle pink tint. I’m obsessed with this for when I’m going to University, or when I’m having more natural makeup days.
So even though I now have even more lip balms, there is in fact a positive side to it. I now have a lip balm for every location in the house, and my bags and my car. I’m constantly going to have hydrated lips.
Are you a lip balm addict like me? Have you tried Clean & Pure? Let me know your favourite lip balms below!